Student Camps, Clubs, & Learning Opportunites
San Antonio Area
- CODE @ TACC - Summer High School STEM Program for High School Sophomores and Juniors. Program Dates: June 12-24, 2016. Apply by: April 13, 2016.
- Game Worlds Camp - Students ages 10-18 create games in teams using professional tools. Camp staffers are game industry developers or university students going into the game industry
- STEMed Labs Student Ambassador Program - Define the Future of Computer Science by participating in the Central Texas Computer Science Council
- STEMpreneur Series - January & February 2016 - Pi Bytes: An intensive, weekend, month-long computer science class camp that teaches Python programming and electronics on the popular Raspberry Pi platform. This essential knowledge will allow students to prototype traffic-light controllers and other fun games.
3 Day Startup Weekend: During one intense weekend, the participants in the the 3DS program will brainstorm ideas, conduct market validation, develop business models, build prototypes, create branding, and pitch their ideas to a panel of successful entrepreneurs from the Austin tech and education technology space. The camp will take place at the startup accelerator Capital Factory.
San Antonio Area
- Pre-engineering Robotics and Java Summer Program - St. Mary's University - Program Dates: four two-week camps run from June 6 to July 29, 2016
- 100+ Coding Camps in 11 Weeks of Summer - The University of Texas at Dallas
- G.R.A.D.E Engineering Camp for Grades 8-12 Girls - Program Dates: June 13-17, 2016 or June 20-24, 2016
- Project Tech Teen Boot Camp
- Codeup Institute - Starting in January 2016, Codeup will offer a two-year apprenticeship, called Institute, developing recent high school graduates into talented web developers using a self-directed, peer-to-peer learning model
- Google's CS First - Free, easy-to-use computer science (CS) enrichment materials that target and engage a diverse student population. 8 theme-based clubs with about 10 hours of lessons/activities targeted at students in 4th-8th grades.
- Coding<4>Youth - Learn coding online with real-time instructors. Coding4Youth.org is an online learning organization specializing in teaching computer programming to youth.